Stock Market Highlights
• This week, the GSE-CI touched a new year low. Financial stocks dragged the benchmark index down by 0.37% to close at 2,135.24 with a -5.40% year-to-date return while market capitalization declined by 0.44% to settle at GH¢55.57 billion.
• CAL Bank Ltd (-1.20%) and Ecobank Transnational Inc (-12.50%) moderated, pushing the GSE-FI 0.76% lower to close at 1,880.01 with a -6.91% year-to-date return.
Trading Activity Dropped
• A total of 319,371 shares valued at GH¢147,203 changed hands this week compared to 564,659 shares valued at GH¢ GH¢1,516,953 last week.
• MTN Ghana dominated trades, accounting for 46.58% of total value traded.
• We expect a slowdown in trading activity next week due to the coronavirus outbreak.
Ghana Stock Exchange (GSE)
The Ghana Stock Exchange (GSE), following the directives on public gatherings given by the president of the Republic of Ghana Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo Addo on 15th March 2020 has advised all listed companies to adhere to the directives with regard to holding of their AGMs.
Investors looking to purchase/sell stocks and treasury bills can do so through SIC Brokerage Ltd.